1. Privacy Statement
Airbus SAS and its affiliates (also known as, “Airbus”, or “we” or “us”) appreciate your interest in our products, services and business lines and your use of I Fly A380 (the “App”). Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our Apps. The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our business processes. Personal Data collected during use of our App is processed by us according to the legal regulations valid for the countries in which the Apps is maintained. In addition, our Binding Corporate Rules Airbus BCR's protect customer and partner data throughout the entire organisation. However, the App will include links to other Apps or applications which are not necessarily covered by this Privacy Notice. In this event, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of such Apps.
Airbus is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred as : ‘GDPR’) as well as each applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations (collectively referred as “Data Protection Laws and Regulations”).
Privacy Notice indexThis Privacy Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect when you access/use the App; how we use and disclose your data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
- What is Personal Data?
- Which sources and what Personal Data we use?
- What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
- What is the basis for processing of your Personal Data?
- Who will receive your Personal Data?
- Will your Personal Data be transferred to a third country outside the European Economic Area?
- For how long will your Personal Data be stored?
- What are your rights and how to exercise them?
- Am I obliged to provide my Personal Data?
- To what extent will decision-making be automated?
- Will profiling take place?
- How can I contact the responsible for processing my Personal Data?
- Can I ask for assistance to the Data Protection Supervisory Authorities?
- Modification of the Privacy Notice
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred as : ‘Personal Data’. A ‘personal identifier’ is a piece of information that can identify an individual. This definition covers a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute Personal Data.
The personal data processed are the following:
- Last name
- First name
- Date of birth
- Email adress
- IP address
- Country of residence
- Your travel information (eco, business, for leisure)
When you access and use the App, we may collect, use and process, to the extent permitted by law, your personal data provided by you (such as your name, your date of birth, your email address, your travel information, etc.) or generated as a result of your access and use of the App (such as, your IP address, the web site from which you visit us, the pages you actually visit, the date and length of your use, the researches made via our App).
In order to access and use certain information, feature or services, you may be required to provide personal data concerning you. As the case may be, specific information will be provided to you prior to collecting such personal data.
By using the App, Airbus will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice. Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes (hereinafter referred as : the ‘Purposes’):
- 1. App Browsers / Administration.
We use your Personal Data for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our Apps and applications; to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers, partners and us; and to enforce our policies, directives and processes.
- 2. Marketing.
To the extent permitted by law, we may use your Personal Data for marketing and promotional purposes, including communications through email or equivalent electronic means. For example, we use your Personal Data, such as your email address, to send news and newsletters, special offers, promotions and competitions, or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think will interest you.
- 3. Communication.
We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We can communicate with you in a variety of ways, including email and via your social media accounts if you have agreed, and/or text message.
- 4. Customer service.
We use your Personal Data for customer service purposes, including providing services to you, for technical support or other similar purposes and to establish and maintain customer accounts.
- 5. Research and development.
We use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our Apps, applications, services, and customer experience and for other research and analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, businesses, operations and processes.
- 6. Legal compliance.
We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
- 7. To protect us and others.
Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your data. We generally rely on a number of grounds (reasons) for our business processing. We process your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data are:
- 1. To comply with contractual obligations.
When you subscribe to a particular service through the App, the purposes of processing your Personal Data are primarily determined by that service and we will process your information so that we can provide that service to you.
- 2. As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the App, you can withdraw consent at any time by following the instructions provided in the application process or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on the right of withdrawal, please see below Section “Am I obliged to provide my Personal Data?”
- 3. Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion we may not need your consent to use your data, given our legitimate interest to do so but we must inform you that we do this; examples of this are:
- For the analysis and optimisation of the App.
- For ensuring IT security and the IT operation of Airbus.
- For prevention and investigation of criminal acts.
- 4. On the basis of Airbus’ legal obligations or in the public interest.
Airbus, as any other company, is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for Airbus in other to fulfil these obligations.
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Airbus;
- Airbus Group SE and affiliates of Airbus, on a need-to-know basis for the purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice;
- Our agents, service providers and advisers (e.g. Third party service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need such as IT maintenance and support, procurement services,
- compliance and security services, etc.);
- Other authorised third parties in connection with a reorganisation or sale of Airbus businesses and/or assets;
- Law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable law.
- Social media platform : Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN, Youtube, etc.
- Adobe Analytics and Adobe Campaigns
7. Will your Personal Data be transferred to a third country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
Airbus processes your Personal Data mostly in the EEA. On occasion Personal Data is transferred to Airbus SE or affiliates of Airbus, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA. This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, and through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules, that can be found on our App www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCR's or through alternative contractual frameworks where a third party is engaged to help us providing web-services to you.
8. Which countries will Airbus transfer Personal Data to?
Our Binding Corporate Rules allow us to transfer Personal Data within our international organisation, and they include a list of countries (below) which are structured to allow us to transfer Personal Data to the countries where we have a presence. For Airbus, France and Germany are where most of our processing of personal information takes place and below is a list of countries where Airbus operates,
Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
We process and store your Personal Data as long as it is required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. If your Personal Data is no longer required for the performance of the contractual or statutory obligations, these will be erased on a regular basis unless further processing is necessary, for instance, for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation.
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons.
Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
You may at any time exercise your data protection rights:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to stop the processing of your data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Airbus, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object and to withdraw consent: please see below section “Am I obliged to provide by Personal Data?”
To this effect, please contact Airbus in writing either by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com or by writing to the addresses below, enclosing a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
You may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data or where your consent is required, withdraw such consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the App.
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes. In the event that we should use such processes in individual cases, we will if prescribed by law, specifically inform you of this and of your rights in this respect.
As a matter of principle, your Personal Data will not be processed automatically with the objective of evaluating certain personal aspects (profiling). In the event that we should process your Personal Data with the objective of conducting profiling, we will, if prescribed by law, specifically inform you of this and of your rights in this respect.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available for enquiries or complaints, at the following email address: email@example.com or you can write to the address below:Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority
CNIL: Supervisory Authority France
Datenschutz-hamburg: Supervisory Authority for Airbus Operations GmbH
lda Bayern: Supervisoy Authority for Airbus Companies in Bavaria, Germany
any other competent regional German authority as the case may be,
AGPD.Supervisory Authority Spain
ICO: Supervisory Authority UK
17.1. What are cookies?
Only the cookie on your device is identified. Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided that you have consented thereto, for example, in order to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
17.2. Which cookies do we use?
Airbus will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.
Last updated on June 15th , 2018